Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucifer
I love this stuff!
First reply, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubars
Did you play hell getting the motor out of the frame? I did. Had to remove the clutch cover to get it back in.....
Yes, I should have made a video of myself taking it out, because it must have looked ridiculous! I used a 4x4 to lift the engine, one end on my shoulder and the other on a 5' 6x6 and the engine suspended in between. So with my right hand I was trying to guide the direction the engine was being pulled and keep the 6x6 from falling over and with my left I could hang on to the frame and persuade (violently shake) the engine to free itself. I'll definitely do something different putting it back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
tape off the frame before putting the motor back in so as not to ding it.
Excellent tip, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsforrest
Another Seattle DR650 here. What part of Seattle are you in? I'm near Alki beach.
Nice looking bike. I'm in the Wallingford/Greenlake area.

Quote:
Watch ebay for old stock Baja Designs DG skid plates or look around for others that mount to the frame bosses further back on the frame.
I haven't decided if I want a center stand or not. Do the skid plates that extend further back interfere with DualStar center stands?

Quote:
Most will not balance knobbies unless you insist.
Good tip, thanks.

Quote:
I kept the stock exhaust for noise concerns and because I don't want to deal with repacking it.
I don't want a loud bike either. I hope the 93db with the P4 Powertip is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
Ah, the memories... Loving the PC color, silver looks much nicer than the normal grey.
Lukas, excellent! Lukas' Ultimate DR650 Adventure build up/ rebuild was a huge inspiration. Thanks, I hope the silver looks as good when it's back together.