View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #64
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
Talking

lol h8chains, if you looks at the picture you took of my bike, im like 30 feet behind it under the dirt zine camp. i had made a shirt that said "drop bikes not bombs".

now for a mini-ride report. you have to take into consideration that i worked an 8 hour shift then did the ride, no sleep for 28 hours (people though i was nuts, i just wanted to ride). so got off work at 3am, raced home got everything readly, left at 5am. the first temp was taken at home, at that point i was ok with sweat shirts, by the end of the cajon pass, i was not. 40 freaking degrees, that was the night low on weather.com. anyways once the sun had come up and started warming the desert, it was great. got there about 7:50, tent was just up so i snaped a pic in front of the kawasaki tent and signed up. cool people all around. got signed up and made my letter, time to ride. i took me a while to find the trials, first i found the yellow, easy cheesy, just want whoops and berms, really short too. soon after, i found the blue. perfect for me, challenging, but not enough i not worryed about eating it (i was riding alone 115 mile from home so...).ended losing the blue trial half way and turned back. after chillin out and watching the trials guys warm up for a while, i went for red. thought i was the shit for a while till i see the AA downhill sign, um not yet for me please, took the alternative. well i soon see 2 ktms w/ riding chilling on the side, ok, that fine, soon 3 ktms bottle necked in a deep sand wash canal. problem, a short AA hill climb up the sides of the rocks. we had 2 people at the top (worst part of it) and everyone got threw ok, but if i didnt hit them i would have eaten it for sure. after that i tagged a with them long. after a little break to drink something, went to the start of blue. way fun, ended up hitting it up with the same ktm dudes and did most of that with them, still a problem arose. wheres everyone and the blue tape. me and the older guy (the dad of one of the others, maybes one of thems an inmate) said fuck it and b lined it stright threw the desert to camp, ton of fun doing that, i had never really had just bombed the desert like that before. get back to camp, watched the rock guys do there thing, trials for a while, then went to leave. on the way out i saw the other klx out there so i had to stop and talk. cool dude, i have his email so we can ride some time. then the ride home. cold in the hi dez, looked like shit in the low. luckly didnt get even a sprinkle till sun city (~20 miles from my house). well it was fun riding and everything there was was super cool, maybe if we do save the place, we can have a "we saved john valley fun ride".

nice

not so nice

punkenduro screwed with this post 12-14-2008 at 10:51 AM
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote