Originally Posted by Cowboy
So I was working with my wife over the weekend, building a door for a shed we built. One of the boards in the door frame was a bit warped, so I used lap joints, and glued and screwed them, figuring it would flatten out when the glue dried. I needed some weight to work against the warp. AS I looked around the garage, I found the perfect weight: a CB160 engine and gearbox!
Which got me to feeling sad, using that engine as a paperweight instead of blasting up and down the mountains.
SO I decided a little forced progress was needed, to get me back into the restoration mood. Since we had the woodstove going in the garage, I went back out after dinner, and decided to strip and paint t couple minor parts, so I could feel some progress. So I got out the wire wheel and stripped the swingarm and the footpeg bracket, and blew some flat black frame paint on them. That feels better! Progress!
(pics to come!)
I plan to go out and finish stripping the frame tonight! The wheels are already cleaned up, and mounted with fresh tires and tubes. Once the frame has a fresh coat of paint, I can re-assemble the swingarm, mount the back wheel, and by the end of the week, it will start looking like a bike again! That should give me the motivation I lacked when the weather was good for riding. Temps are hovering around zero today, so I'm not even slightly tempted to ride!
My restore has been going really slow. I have not found any good sources for parts yet. I really need a tank. I think like you I might just start tearing it apart so I will be more diligent searching for parts.
Send us some pics. For the very least to motivate us to get moving.
Also if you have any restore tips please share them.
Good for you getting back at it.