The "forced progress" I put myself through last night has worked wonders for my motivation. Here are pics of some of the parts I've cleaned up, refreshed, or renewed, including: new tires, cleaned up wheels, tank side panels, speedometer glass, bezel and face, chain guard, swing arm, and footpeg brackets (with new rubbers).
This is progress, and it feels good to get all these parts in one place, instead of hiding in the cabinet where they don't motivate me!
The tank and frame are mostly stripped of old paint now. The rear wheel looks as good as the front. I've done little to the engine except clean it up at the car wash, and it looks great now. Most of the small sheet metal parts have been sanded, and are ready for new primer/paint. I've got lots of work to do on the fenders. The front, in particular, has lots of dings, but a hammer and dolly will fix most of it. I still have a big box full of parts that I haven't touched, though!