Thread: The F800GS Seat
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #23
M N B OP
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm
I live close enough to Corbin to ride to their site. My experience with them is that they will make you a "semi custom "seat. They have stock patterns for the cover of each seat and they will shave a little on the cushion to accomodate you as long as it doesn't mess with the cover that they use.
I had my vinyl covered seat reconditioned and replaced with leather. The leather is pretty thin and is not going to wear well. The vinyl wears better.
Not bad for the price, but not necessarily a top quality seat.
The leather on my seat is quite robust as well as on my other two Corbins. The customization you can have ranges from minor and major custom shaping, lowering, moving rider position forward or backwards, fitting a non-standard bike (they custom formed a base pan for an R100GS with an R80 gas tank while I was there), a variety of cover materials and covers, the ability to mix multiple materials for multi color or inlaid effects, custom stitching. They couldn't do custom embroidery for me, that was about it.

I'm not sure why your experience was so different, but with all my seats, they are very much a top quality seat.
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote