View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #319
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,491
Well, you could say TURBINE is evolution of AIRFORCE. It will cost $359.99 when it comes out, and the little price increase reflects the choice of hi-tech materials and armor. Like CAYENNE PRO it will have SAS TEC elbow and shoulder protection, plus Superfabric panels on elbows and shoulders. Chest pockets are gone, collar adjustment has bigger range, collar has hook and loop to prevent flapping in the wind. Bigger reflective stripes on the chest and huge reflective stripe on lower back. It will flow about the same amount of air as AIRFORCE because it uses the same Dynex mesh. The cuffs are a bit wider and cuff velcros are more functional, similar to CAYENNE PRO . Overall the jacket feels like it has a bit looser fit compared to AIRFORCE, it could be that the one that I tried was pre-production sample though, I will know how they fit once I will receive them. Here are a couple of pics

Front view

Rear view. Note the addition of reflection stripe

Superfabric on elbow and shoulder for extra protection, stretch panels on the elbow for extra comfort

Zippered side pockets are nice

I already sold my AIRFORCE as it will be replaced by this jacket. I'm my best customer

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578
Since the Turbine replaces the Airforce, as a very satisfied Airforce daily user (in Florida), I'm interested in how this jacket is getting better!

The Airforce has 2 zippered chest vents / pockets and the back can be opened again with a zipper. There are panels of fabric that are breathable. Overall, I'd say well ventilated, and reasonably configurable.

Turbine doesn't seem to have any of the 3 zippered vents. Is the fabric more or less breathable than the Airfoce fabric? What else differs?

What about Turbine price? Airforce started at $299 and is now $259, presumably as it reaches end of life.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote