View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #3896
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,614
great pics Dale....

Well didn't make it home.....on the 405 at 65-70mph the bike simply went dead...not electrical.....I think it was fuel....killed the battery trying to restart so got to ride down the iceplant on the side of the freeway to the road below...

Eric, David and Jim hung with me until AAA showed up....(my last free tow of the year) ....took it right to the dealer as the bike just got serviced and this was the first ride on it after the major service...

KTM Santa Monica waited for me and a crew of 3 came out to the tow truck...5 minutes later they were pulling the bike apart....GREAT SERVICE.....

the guess.....guess that is....is the fuel pump...the pump is getting power and the points are good but it does seem to be pumping...as it was 6:00pm and I didn't want them to rush the job...I just left the bike there and went home....

Came home and found an extra mirror though..so the one I lost today was Freeeeeee.....

Thanks everyone for a fun and funny day....

I was riding across a 40 foot ice patch when Dunerat passed me while Screaming....SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND.......so I sped up...after all he is coach...30 seconds later I round a corner and see Dunerat standing in the middle of the road...bike splayed out...wheels still spinning... bike parts on the ground as he is violently waving his arms in the classic SLOW DOWN gesture...Damn it man MAKE UP YOU MIND... 12 feet later my bike was going sideways all by itself...3 inch thick solid ice...you might as well just jump off at this point...instead I waited for the front tire to go left while I went right...took out my mirror, windscreen and GPS with my Head... ....when I got up I noticed Dunerat's bike slid 20 yards from where he first hit the gorund...and that 20 yards was UP HILL.....

fixed everything on the trail except for the mirror....so all good...Dunerat's rear brake lever was not so lucky....think pretzel....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote