View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #67
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrahc
Just ran across this thread and thought I'd chime in...

I picked up an F800GS last month after almost 20 years ...
Hey Darrahc! Glad to see you stop by and give us a shout. Welcome!
We have a great and diverse group of riders that frequent here, including everyone from dirt racers to long-distance haulers. We have get-togethers every so often and hit a restaurant or a someone's home, and we are due, but with the holidays I just don't think it's gonna happen until the first of the year. Keep watch.

If you are interested, we also have a thread labeled "Richmond Commuter tag" that about 15-20 of us play at any one time, year round. Basically, someone takes a pic of their bike at a spot, give clues, and the next rider that finds it, takes a pic with their bike at the spot, gets to go and take the next pic. Pretty straightforward and loads of FUN! Go to the first post in the thread, it explains everything including the basic rules and boundaries of the game. I've learned more about Richmond in the few months I've been playing, than the 8 years I've been driving around here in the car.

If that's not your thing, still come and hang out and get to know the guys. Again Welcome!