View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #85
V@lentino OP
Inspektor

Oddometer: 815
Cool2 3 days of Magic, May 27 to May 29

Barcelona was our last Spanish stop, and marked the first third of our trip already behind us. For the next few days we will be hugging the coast (Spain - the Eastern Pyrenees - la Camargue - la Cote d'azur - Northern Italy to spend a night in Genova.

We left Barcelona under cloudy skies light showers on and off, it took a while for the coast to get pretty, the railway tracks were kind of in the way.

Sometimes looking to the left is better.

But when it did get nice, it got reeeaal nice!

Very narrow roads giving out to even steeper cliffs, and endless blue sea.

My riding skills in the twisties have really improve, you got to understand that I bought ST at the end of 2006, after a long riding drought of about 12 years. Living in Manitoba does allow you to go very fast for very long, but no need to turn.

Summer 07 we tested rider pillion and gear by doing a mini IB of 5000 km turn around Winnipeg to Montreal and back in 10 days, but not so many twisties there either, I mean a few but not like Le Vercor, or the Pyrenees.

So when I mean improve, I feel more relax maneuvering the heavy beast, my turns are much smoother and with more velocity. I am neither getting cocky, nor overconfident, just a lot more assured.

For instance I have stop closing my eyes when making hairpin turns...

That Valentino dood s'got game.

The Russell Day Long saddle is truly a blessing, and neither of us is reporting any sort of cramps.

View from the top.

The ride was just amazing, and for the most part the weather held.

Of course in Europe there is always a old building somewhere.

We stopped to purchase a bottle of water and ended up with samichs, freshly grown tomatoes, queso, jamon and a bit of EVOO.

Hasta luego Espaņa-Salut les potes.

Just a few more km to go for the day.

Time to rest for the night. This place looks good.

From close.

And to the left.

Sometimes you just gotta have fish.

It doesn't get any better than this.

More to come...

The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino
The Southern Episode
V@lentino is offline   Reply With Quote