View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni
Hi. I'm curious about the tail light.
R100GS, solo seat and 1/4" thick aluminum plate as a carrier, no fender. I've got to come up with something for a tail light/license plate bracket combo. Truck tail light might be the answer. Pick it up at a truck parts place, I assume? Oh, and I enjoyed reading your post.
Throttle cable thingy looks cool to. I'm going with a bicycle speedo.
Berni-
Here's the exact tail light that I used.

http://www.maxxima.com/products/prod...ht/view/.html#

The website also shows an inline flasher module you can wire up if you really feel like hurting some eyes.

The light was $10.99 at a truck supply store down in the industrial district. The autoparts stores usually want about $30 for them though. You can probably find one online with the model number. I just shrinktubed the leads running to it, stuff the wires through the grommet (tight fit) in my stock taillight housing and hooked it up to the leads on the bulb holder with some piggyback spade connectors. It took all of 30 minutes and hurts your eyes when standing close behind. Also, these things are REALLY waterproof - as in submersible - so that they can be used on boat trailers that get backed into the water. I just used a couple of zipties to attach it onto the rubber turn signal stalks. It doesn't look nearly as ghetto as it sounds.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.

Airhead Wrangler screwed with this post 12-24-2008 at 06:01 PM
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote