View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:28 AM   #14
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Turkiye after the turkey.....so to speak!

Seasons Greetings fellow advriders. I needed a breath of fresh air and a bit of exercise following two days of gluttony and general excess. I am fortunate to live near a place called Kas in Turkey.

Kas is an old fishing village which, despite devlopment, has managed to retain it's character. Favorite attractions for tourists are kayaking, paragliding and sub aqua diving.

The rides along the coast road are sublime, those seeing peace and quiet along with spectacular scenery can find it 40 minutes or so inland

However, on this particular day we wanted a bit of fun playing in the forests so I met up with (from left to right) Mehmet (Mondial 150UT), Rejeb (Yamaha XT 350) and Zeki (Honda XR 650)

and headed for our playground ten minutes away

Where the fun commenced

Naturally I decided to show off the techniques I'd learnt at Thumper Talk and engaged in a display of one handed, one legged sideways uphill riding

Mehmet adopted a more traditional technique and flew up on his little Chinese bike. He has used and abused and flogged that thing to death but it never lets him down. The rest of the afternoon was spent just tootling around. 4 mates, 4 bikes with some bread, boiled eggs, olives and cheese for a picnic. Perfect.

Then it was home to stop the kitty chasing the fish on the telly.

Best wishes for the New Year,

Cheers,

Dickyb

Dickyb screwed with this post 12-28-2008 at 10:28 PM Reason: Pictures not showing
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote