View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 03:37 AM   #14
picoda OP
Dalmatia

Oddometer: 221
Umhlanga - Durban - Amanzimtoti

Welcome to Miami of South Africa. Everything here is made for tourism. Beautiful houses, big hotels, apartments, sandy beaches, shoping centers and mutch more. Just few hundred kilometers away people still live in the tribes.

After visiting Ivan’s friend Perry and his Yamaha shop we are on the way to Durban.

Durban

Durban is the third most populous city in South Africa. It is the largest city in KwaZulu-Natal and is famous as the busiest port in Africa. It is also a major centre of tourism due to the city's warm subtropical climate and beaches. The city has a population of almost 3.5 million.

When we come to Durban Ivan want to show me the old market. It is a place where you can’t see white people and you can feel the real Africa. I love this place. Ivan said me before that I put everything in my front pockets. When we came there one Indian man asked us do we need somebody to look after the bikes. Do we have a choice? OK, you can do it.

Apothecary, what ever you need.

Market inside.

One of the "best" butchery shops inside.

You have fish here also, so don’t worry.

Public phone, the Dentist and the Doctor. Whole in one.

After one hour we are outside. The bikes are still there. Indian man gets his reward. Let’s go to the other part of Durban.
Indian Ocean. Cloudy day. There is no a lot of people on the beach.

Zulu people are very talented artists.

Durban in a couple of pictures more.

Shaka Marine World

We are on the road again. Our next destination, Amanzimtoti. 50 km from Durban. When you run out with money you must try to find some job.
In the butchery..............

...........or in the Pub

Amanzimtoti

On the dinner at Ivan’s cousin place. Bruno is big fan of Alfa and Ferrari.

It is time to go. Back to Umhlanga by night. Tomorrow will be a long, long day.

The best part of our trip is coming. The real Africa.

next.......... Sani Pass, Roof of Africa, Lesotho, Drakensberg

picoda screwed with this post 12-31-2008 at 03:43 AM
picoda is offline   Reply With Quote