View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #28
picoda OP
Dalmatia

Oddometer: 221
The King of Africa

Monday's. The day when Ivan's father Angelo goes to hospital for the heart surgery. Large operation. Although Angelo is extremely vital, and JAR known for heart operations, Ivan is quite worrisome. Me too. Awake around 8 am. Ivan was already in hospital.

While I am waiting, Ivan I wash Transalp because tomorrow it will be returned. I realy had something to wash. After that, I find the good company and spent a pleasant morning.

The Farm

It's easy to have fun with good company.

As eternal antitalent for football, I gave priority to games without the ball. So my two "left legs" have the opportunity to avoid plaster.

I hope that this will be the same when they grow up.

There is still someone who's my wife especially like to thank. I returned home all my biker gear and clothes washed and dry. Monika. She is long time with the Ivan's family. Now takes care of the household and Angelo and she is terribly missing Ivan, his wife and children.

After Ivan came by me, we went to the hospital where we spent the afternoon and expected completion of the operation. After 6 hours operation is finished. Operation has gone through all right but later some bleeding is started and we was very scared. The next day everything was fine.

These greetings are for Angelo, who is currently recovering at the farm.

In the hospital. This is maybe some Croatian doctor. We have this surname in Croatia.

Another day is finished and tomorow I am going to see the King of Africa.

The King

First I must return the bike. With 4000 km more on the clock.

Lions park

This lady like cars.

He is the King.

After the lunch

I dont know what he is trying to, but I know that he's insurance policy must be very expensive.

In fact, I can do this also. My lions are even bigger but the camera angle is not good, so they look smaller.

The ladies are hungry.

We meet somebody else too.

Departing the park to visit Dirk and his driving school. A small school is held on the course as part of the facility, while Michelin Superbike School is held at the Kyalami track and other tracks in SAR.

Small bikes for small school.

Big bikes for Michelin Superbike School.

From the school we are going to dinner with other friends becouse this is my last night in Africa.

Food

It is hard to describe the variety of food in the SAR. Of all the kinds of European cuisine in which leads the grill, over Asian strongly spiced foods, especially Indian, to dishes from African tribes. I will try to describe in the next couple of pictures. As far as drinks I can speak only about the two types. I have only that tried. Water, which is very nice and clean compare to some other African countries and beer, which is very good with many tipes of it. I like Black Label and a great beer from Lesotho, Maluti.

Meat

Pig ribs

Burenwurst

Portugiese meal

Zulu gulash

Dry meat

Fish

From Indian or Atlantic ocean

Indian meal

Scampi

Spices

Motorcycles

All of this would not have a meaning if that has nothing to do with motorcycles. South Africa is a paradise for the bikers. Excellent roads and beautiful places for those who love driving off road, affordable prices of equipment and the bikes. And so, before the end little bit more of motorcycles.

The bike hospital

Dirk's bikes.

Ivan's bikes. Old, but very good bikes. I like this bikes.

More motorcycles

Impressions

Crime will in this part left aside. This is a beautiful country full of contrasts. A country of beautiful nature, frendly people, excellent climate and good food. Beer is also the food, right? Small living expenses, good health care and cheap housing. A unique blend of modern country of first world and the primeval Africa. In short, imagining this country with less crime, I see one of the few places in the world where I could live. My travel in SAR of some 4000 km is only a small part of this great country. Imagine that Croatia in this country stand more than 27 times. All in all, I will return to this beautiful place.

And for the end few more unpublished images

Joburg - almost ready for 2010 world championship

„Mai Mai“ - market

On the road and off the road

Jan's farm

Beware of motorcycles.....................

.................................or

On the road

Durban

Kwa Zulu Natal

Sani Pass

Lesotho

Toy Run

The end
picoda is offline   Reply With Quote