View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #22
ROYAL COACHMAN
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace
This might be a separate issue.

I have had the same thing happen on an RT and last fall on the ST. The cause was moisture in the sidestand switch, which either a couple operations of the switch or a little WD-40 fixes. For my wife's RT, we replaced the switch and the dealer showed me how to build a cheater cable using the old switch to fake out the relay if it ever failed on the road again - don't think that trick is as simple on the 800's - don't know where the connector for the switch is.

As an aside, that is the reason we went with two way radios many years ago. After finding that my wife wasn't behind me anymore and then being flagged down by a trucker to tell me that she was 10 miles back on the side of the road. She was not happy when I finally got back to where she was.
This may be a separate issue indeed. Mt dealer has therorized that possibly water was getting into the air intakes during extremely heavy rain. What ever the case may be, I hope a solution can be found to cure this problem.
My bike has 1700 miles on the clock as of yesterday and is running smooth as silk.

Did your wife forgive you
ROYAL COACHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote