View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #34
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Turkish Trivia

A while back I started exploring my neighbourhood on two wheels with Mehmet who I met a couple of months after I arrived here. Mehmet used to ride my Honda XL200 until he invested the equivalent of 400 UK pounds in a Chinese 150 Mondial. He has had that bike over a year now and put over 8000kms on it offroad. He has tried to break it every weekend but despite his best efforts it refuses to lie down quietly and expire. Mehmet has a friend called Zeki whom we all lie prostrate before, he rides a Big Red Pig (which scared the life out of me when I had a go). Zeki has a mate called Rejeb who rides Zeki's XT350. We all came together out of a desire to see what was over the hill. None of the bikes are "farkled". They get regular air in the tyres, petrol in the tanks and the odd oil change. We meet at Mehmets.

Within ten minutes we are usually lost.

Sometimes we head for the high ground

Sometimes we just hit the ground

Sometimes we see strange sights in the woods

At other times we are the strange sights in the woods......................talking biking nonsense and telling lies

When we are weary and feeling over the hill

we remember why we doing this in the first place ....... something about seeing over a hill!

Cheers,

Dickyb

Dickyb screwed with this post 01-27-2009 at 06:58 AM
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote