View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #118
pnoman OP
Just Average

Oddometer: 1,903
Note from Charleston

I received an email from Mr. Joe Geiger, the man responsible for the WV Historical Markers at the WV Archives and History Dept. He has been updating their records with notes that I have been sending about discrepancies such as : signs that are listed as "Missing" but are in place, signs that are present that are not even included on their list, signs with different inscriptions, etc. There is a link to his office back on Post #1.

Hey Mike: I am making updates as you send them. Your work is making it much easier to determine which markers need to be replaced or refurbished. We currently have funding through Highways grants and legislative appropriations for the marker project and are looking to select 50 of the former and 100 of the latter, but our survey info is at least seven years old. Thanks to all involved for their efforts.

Best wishes,
Joe Geiger
West Virginia Archives and History

So, not only is this project fun and educational, it's helpful as well. I suggested to Mr. Geiger that perhaps in the spring, we could get all the ADV riders involved to do a photo shoot with Gov Manchin with our bikes on the steps of the State Capital (Yes, by the Historical Marker). Gov. Manchin is a biker, too. We'll see.

Thanks again to everyone involved!
My Website - Europe, Alaska, US Bike Rides
www.RidingWV.com

pnoman screwed with this post 01-08-2009 at 02:48 AM
pnoman is offline   Reply With Quote