View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by 990S Pilot
I don't think it'd be a waste of time, I'm interested in a cheaper solution. Since this is a potential failure point I'd like to have a relatively inexpensive solution I could carry as a spare to more remote areas.
From what I have found so far, and I have been looking at this for the non EFI (950) for a while now, it is going to be ~300 or so to come up with a complete replacement solution with a external pump with return fuel regulation inclusive of a interface plate for the 990 fuel tank. it could be field installed, however I think that replacing the stock system with a improved external system would be my preference rather than trying to fix it in a remote area.

total system components:
fuel pump: ~$100
regulator: ~$100
990 tank plate: ~$50 (total guess)
fuel filter: ~$20
various fittings and hoses: ~$30

thoughts CJ? am I way off costs? is there another way?

I know that the FI in my old CBR600 FI tank mounted pump (and many other M/C systems) just dead headed to the fuel rail without return fuel to the tank like in a car, so maybe return fuel and adjustable FPR is not necessary.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote