View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #333
ownst1100
BLUES TRAVELER 04'GSA

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrice
This is one of my favorite threads to peruse when I have the time. It's helped me become a better cook and my interest in cooking outdoors has grown exponentially since this thread began. I think ownST (Keith) has also helped me by fixing up my own moto-kitchen. I know have three stoves, a plano tackle box full of seasonings and usually to the cooking when we camp. It's not only a lot of fun when the riding stops but these recipes are great for filling me up as well. Blending some of his recipes with that guys and my own I'm able to make decent bread, eat trout and pasta without being intimidated. Thank you.

Fwiw, one of my favorites is a sandwich - honey wheat bread lightly toasted in the frying pan immediately after cooking sausage...and make sure you cook the trout in the sausage grease, lay it on the bread, drape a slice a few thin slices of avocado over the trout and add a bit of sausage between the fish and bread... goes great with Guiness or a healthy glass of wine too. You'll sleep well after that meal.

It's freaking awesome.

Oldrice-
freezing in Detroit
I too have to say, wow! Oldrice, that does sound like one hell of a sandwich, pictures please. Glad to hear your enjoying your cooking platform. Sounds like your having a fun and good time with it.

This past weekend for New Years out in the desert with the AIRHEADS of San Diego I was able to get 2 of my friends to bring along their platforms. together we made a big breakfast taco feast that afternoon for 8.

It took up one whole table of which we were lucky enough to have two. The on in the middle was custom built for my fiend Jim at his request. He later cut it down a little more to match the stoves he favors.

Amazing how good you can eat when everyone pitches in.
04' BMW GS Adventurer with Alumigo trailer
05' GoldWing with Trekker trailer
http://community.webshots.com/user/ownst1100

ownst1100 screwed with this post 01-09-2009 at 11:39 PM
ownst1100 is offline   Reply With Quote