View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #47
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Bread and Sheds

One fine Sunday we decided to head inland and see what topographic delights the area around Elmali, some 90 clicks North West had to offer. The Elmali region is renowned for producing fine apples. The mountain Elmali nestles in the lee of is called Elmadag (apple mountain). Elmali even has apple in its name (Elma) so why there aren't any photos of apples in this RR is beyond me

Anyway, off we tootled. Along the way I was curious about these buildings

Within no time at al Mehmet had located the owner and asked him to give me a guided tour

Seems as though they are used as storage sheds for all manner of stuff including animal feed. Solidly built and two storeyed, they would make great overnight accommodation. We couldn't leave without being introduced to the lady of the house who was in the middle of a bread baking session. Not sure whether she was trying to fill the shed or baking for the village but it sure smelt good

After our brief interlude we headed off. The area around Elmali turned out to be rugged rock with the odd bush clinging to whatever soil it could find, as opposed to the lush pine forrested landscape a few hundred metres closer to sea level. Great tracks though and a good deal cooler than the coast

Mehmet holding it all upright

On the way back to base we noticed another strange building. There wasn't a door to gain entrance, just the one window. We pondered but were still mystified. Anybody got any ideas as to its use?

4 mates, 4 bikes ....................etc

Cheers,

Dickyb

Dickyb screwed with this post 01-12-2009 at 01:53 PM
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote