View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
Northern Rob OP
Con Brio!

Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
Gonna post a list of modifications you've done to the Ural??? Inquiring minds want to know...
Hi Spicy.Tell you what, I'm finishing off some more mods in the next couple of weeks and then I'll post something more complete... But big picture...

For heat/protection from cold; heated grips, hippo hands, lap apron and of course a fairing.

Armour; for the front of the tub, oil pan bash plate, beefier armour around left cylinder head. Its not quite armour, but I upgraded the front brake line to braided stainless steel.

Gas range; another external tank. I'm toying with the idea of a fuel cell or custom larger tank, but since I have a support vehicle, I think I'd sooner spend the money on a round of beer and pizza with my buddies.

Electrical: More lights, easy to reach fuse box, more electical outlets for heated clothes and camera gear etc., another battery

Gauges: I want a better idea of whats going on with the motor than the stock bike, so tach, volt, oil temp, cylinder head temp. Probably overkill.

Tires. Kenda Ice knobbies with Aerostitch studs.

I'll do a better job of this later - with pics - and when the ride's over I'll let you know what I think was a waste of money.

I know you're itching to do this ride too Spicy!
Northern Rob is offline   Reply With Quote