Background and Planning:
After "European Alps - The big loop!"
of the summer of 2000, Werner, Lothar, Dietmar und I decided to have a closer look at Switzerland the following summer.
As I tend to quite often spent time in Switzerland and know my way around, we’d already been to some of the more out-of-the-way places, the quieter backwaters which are barely known, but which nevertheless offer exceptionell scenery and challenging roads.
To me, Switzerland as a whole embodies the Best the Alps have to offer and the personal highlights are:
- The Bernese High Country
- The Wallis (Swiss Rhone Valley)
- The area around Lake Viewaldstaetter
Considering those 3 key-areas, a rough plan came together easily:
Here some impressions from this beautiful country:
Interlaken – Bernese High Country
beautiful mountains – Bernese High Country
Aletsch-glacier and Aletsch-forest
view from Säntis
Castor und Pollux
- First up the area around Appenzell
- Let’s not forget Liechtenstein!
- Lake Walensee to Lake Sihlsee
- Lake Vierwaldstätter
- Bernese High Country
- Central-Switzerland ( Furka, Grimsel, Susten, Gotthard – resp. the old Tremola-Road!)
- The Rhone Valley
- Lago Maggiore and Lake Lugano
- Engadin (area around St. Moritz)
And a dream follows!
Best greatings from Germany