View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
neepuk OP
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-B
How is the power on the TW 200's? I'm looking to add a dual sport to the garage, but i just imagine the 200 would be kind of slow. I love the looks of the fat tires, and they look like a blast to ride, but do they have enough power? I'm not looking for a race bike, but i want something with a little power.

Thanks,

Brian
Don't be fooled, the T-Dub is no speed machine but it's got low enough gears and enough power to pull me around anywhere I want to go. Top speed is near or above 70 but I don't ride it much over 55... Rarely go above 45 actually.

It's like a little supermoto on really tight twisties and goat trail/roads. Slow in the sand but it floats through the deep stuff better that I expected...

If the TW had too much more power it would point out the inadequacies in the suspension... As it is, it's a good balance. Not too powerful or fast so it won't overwhelm the suspension. Smooth, stable riding will make a rider faster that pure power and the TW makes it easier to be smooth, mostly because of it's awesome traction.