View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 04:36 AM   #14
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Thanks guys, this is what I need.
Osteo, TekVest looks good. What model is it (there seem to be different types). Agree with you about the Kilm Dakar pants, top quality, I use them in hot weather, but I just prefer in-boot pants (can't give a rational reason)....
I'm not sure what the new model is named for the Leatt, look at the picture of the Rally Sport as that is the closest model, but cut differently around the neck to accomodate the Leatt and the height at the waist is also a bit lower I think.

Quote:
Been treading some reviews about the TekVest, worried about the heat issue. Some users say that in 90-plus temps (30C-plus) it becomes pretty hot.
Yes, I heard the same complaints with the TekVests being crazy hot, but the newer models made out of CoolMax are nothot at all. I did 2-3 days or pre-riding an event this summer past and the avg temp was close to 30C each day and had no issues with heat at all. In thinking of it, if I was wearing my pressure suit style armour I would have been rather uncomfortable for sure.

The CoolMax tekvest is a grey/silver in colour like in the pic I posted, the non coolmax ones are black.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote