View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Looked at the TekVest during P2D and again lately...seems awful bulky and hot.
I'm not sure who you are, but I was one of the P2D organizers, I'm in Whitby if you want to come by and check out my TekVest and Leatt, you might be surprised, I wore it all during the event.

Quote:
Tried the el-cheapo EVS neck brace...thought it was useless. Couldn't even get my helmet on properly and I thought it would put too much pressure on my collarbones in a crash.
I took a peak at the EVS at Parker Bros and I don't (didn't) like it as much as the Leatt, that velcro strip in the front just does not scream support to me.

Quote:
Guess I'll probably have to spring for the "full Monty" Leatt...I'm afraid of getting the new cheap one that has no adjustment in it.
I saw the Adventure Model of the Leatt at the bike show in Dec, price is significantly less at $299 compared to something like $575 or something.. (not sure). But I am pretty sure it has the adjustability as the higher models it is the material that it is made out of that is different. It is a dense plastic sort of material, weighs more than the KTM version, so no fancy carbon fiber or aluminum.

If your interested in checking them out, shoot me a PM

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote