View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #22
canadaler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
I'm not sure who you are, but I was one of the P2D organizers, I'm in Whitby if you want to come by and check out my TekVest and Leatt, you might be surprised, I wore it all during the event.
I was the only guy on a Husky there, a 2000 TE610, team Ride On Time. (...and proud to say that Husky was the only brand that had a 100% finish rate in the P2D ) Thanks for the offer, I'm in Cambridge and have already tried on both the Leatt and (what I think was an older style) of TekVest...maybe the newer ones are different...?

The "Adventure" Leatt does not (from everything I've read...haven't actually seen one yet) have adjustable "tables" front and back. I've talked to three guys who race with the original Leatts and they all had to adjust the rear table down to the max in order to be able to tilt their head up far enough for downhills and "attack" position in the woods. I'd hate to buy the Adventure and find out that the rear table is too high and there is zero adjustment.

Royal has the original Leatt's on for something like $425 now. I've tried one on with a helmet as well and it didn't seem too bad. Have to go back and check out the jacket fitting issue though.
'84 Honda VT500FT Ascot
Tuareg Rally 2009
canadaler is offline   Reply With Quote