View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #23
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
have already tried on both the Leatt and (what I think was an older style) of TekVest...maybe the newer ones are different...?
The only Tekvests that work with the Leatt Brace are gray in colour, I had the 2nd or 3rd original demo made for about 2 months to test I got it from Mr. Tekvest himself actually took it off his back when he returned from a Round Algonquin Ride, and now have one of the 1st production ones at my place. So, in short if it was black, it would not work with a Leatt. The production units I think are just now going on sale.

As far as adjusting the height front and back with regards to vision, mine is adjusted the complete opposite in the back - all the way up. But there may be a few differences to consider. If they are using chest protectors/roost protectors and pressure suit style armour that might be the difference.

One thing in the Leatt instruction manual is that it says it is supposed to be worn a close to the body as possible, so minimal layers under it. I tried wearing it over my Klim Jacket (enduro style jacket) and I found it to be sloppy and not nearly as supportive as it was without the jacket.

Regardless, for that sort of money it is best to be 100% sure of fit.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote