View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgich
I have question for Inertia and Guymcfly regarding the KTM jacket. I bought Leatt sport brace and also the Acerbis Koerta pressure suit, but having some second thoughts about the jacket.

I am considering of course two available options from Acerbis(Desertika) and KTM(rallye). I am 187 cm tall and 84 kg weight and usually buy jacket size L-XL(the Koerta is the L-XL size), but really don't know how much space pressure suit put on the size I usually wear KTM jacket vise.

I don't have option here in Croatia to try any of these jacket, so have to order online. I ride mostly on road(90/10), but in spring will change my bike to KTM so will ride more in dirt. I need jacket that will be used mostly on the road and like 20-30 % later in the dirt.
I think that KTM jacket is better for the adventure travelling kinda style, the thing that bothers me is the lenght of the Desrtika jacket which seems to me on the shorty side. Though Packmule told me that it is long enough but I don't wont to shell 250 $ and be sorry afterwards.

Some input or advice is appreciated, thanks
The KTM Rallye jackets tend to be on the small size so order one size larger than you normally would. My SHIFT enduro jacket is a L and my Rallye jacket is XL. It works great with Leatt brace and pressure suit. (I have Leatt Sport Carbon Fibre brace and Dianese pressure suit. I had to remove the top segments of the pressure suit spine protection to have it fit well with the brace).
Cheers
#101 Dakar 2015, Kiwi Safari Team, Perth, WA
KTM 450 Rally ... Dakar ready
KTM 530 EXC-R
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote