View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #43
neepuk OP
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider33
kick start and drum brakes, this is going to be fun, I'll just have to see if I can find a nice vintage TW-thanks.
The kick-start models also have electric start. And the drum brakes aren't THAT bad if you keep the bike at speeds it was designed for. These bike are a blast though. Good luck finding yours.

I just finish with a semi major service on my DR and it was kinda fun... I think I'm gonna tear my Black T-dub down and give it a good going-through. It's got over 11,000 miles and I really doubt that the privious owner took very good care of it. I know it needs steering tube bearings (on order) so I'll start in the back end... Pull the swing arm, lube needle bearings, shock rebuild (or replace), etc... I may even modify the air-box and see if I can't get this thing running a little stronger with a slightly bigger main jet.

Who's running what jetting? Is there a common mod for the stock exhaust? I don't want to make my bike loud at all.