View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 AM   #44
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV950S
I have one on order from KTM. Latest info shows them being available in late January 2009. I placed my order in early November. Even though the KTM and BMW Leatt are the same (absent color) BMW does not make a cover ... ONLY KTM.

The dealer pulled up my order 2 days ago and no ship date was given. However, when they enter it in as a "new" order it listed January as a date when it would be available. MSRP is 30 Euros.

Also regarding Jackets, I run the KTM Rallye Jacket. Retired my BMW Rally 2 Pro so I could comfortably use the Leatt as ATGATT (BMW R2P will work with Leatt brace over jacket; just not as comfortable) I did see that Troy Lee Designs has a Leatt friendly jacket with zip off sleeves. For me the slight price increase of the KTM over the Acerbis was made up for by the waterproof liner the KTM has (better for Romania's "Continental" climate). If all my riding was desert I would probably has bought the Acerbis due primarily to the light color. I plan on using a Acerbis Koerta pressure suit and ditching the KTM Armour. KTM Armour is OK; just not as good as the BMW NP Armour in the R2P...

Just my $ .02
Thanks for the info!, that would make sense in the delay in getting that cover here. I originally ordered a Leatt 2 yrs ago, when I first saw them and was told they were still being tested (that was after they were first seen on the Dakar by the factory riders). The Leatt website was selling them at that time, but KTM was not brining them to North America yet. It was just over a year later that we could get them here.

I sent an email off to a store in the UK that says they do shipping, but have not heard anything yet, so that would also explain it.

Thanks again, if you remember and yours does come in, shoot me a message and let me know what you think.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote