View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Dert Gerl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkspear
You MX types out their I have a question for you regarding the possibility that a slipper clutch might help on the F800GS? My objective would be to improve low speed tractability or getting caught in to high a gear etc. My understanding (I have never ridden a bike with a slipper clutch) would be that below a set RPM the clutch would slip rather than just kill the engine.

I have been caught out three times now having the engine stall (yes operator error) and each time it has been at the most in opportune time of course.

Any info or opinions from those with experience riding with a slipper clutch would be most appreciated.

TIA
Mike
The MX ones are made by Rekluse. I had one in my 450 and didn't like it because I couldn't seem to get it adjusted right, but know lots of people that have them and swear by them. In fact, one of my riding buddies on a 950 super enduro has one and loves it. Gives the opportunity for a left hand rear brake as well. (I'd kill myself with one.) I don't know that they make a kit for the 800 though.