View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJ
Keep in mind you're talking about an auto clutch, not a slipper clutch. A slipper clutch is usually found on high HP street bikes or supermotos that allows the clutch to slip from a reverse torque mechanism when decelerating and downshifting quickly, preventing the rear wheel from locking up. They make for buttery smooth transitions from on-throttle to chopped throttle-downshift two gears-and quickly release clutch-pitch bike sideways into a corner on a supermoto! Fun!

The auto clutch basically turns the bikes clutch function into something like that of (I don't mean this in a derogatory manner.) a scooter except with gears. I've never ridden one but many people that have them rave about them for off-road stuff. They really excel when it's slippery.
I believe the new "Pro" version of the Rekluse clutch does perform differently than what you described. Click on the linky in my first post and you can read about. Then would like to hear your opinion.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote