View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #410
stickfigure OP
Fiendish Fluoridator

Oddometer: 510
Back To The Oaxaca Coast

Since I'm sitting in my cozy San Francisco apartment watching the rain come down, I really have no excuse for not finishing this story. Technically the trip isn't over yet - but I'll get to that later.

From Campeche Nir and I rode west, spending two nights in San Cristóbal and then meeting up with my friends Trevor and Nina in Huatulco. A combination of photo-fatigue from approaching the end of the journey and revisiting already-covered ground slowed down my picture-taking.

Nir's KLR decided to throw the chain yet again:

Nir had it fixed and readjusted in ten minutes, but it's time for a new chain & sprockets.

We rode by this very poorly located village, major portions of which were underwater:

San Cristóbal was *freezing cold*. One day of riding later we were on the beaches of Huatulco, sweating in tshirts. Crazy.

We met up with my longtime riding buddies sp4ce and Nina in Huatulco. They're heading for Argentina on a KTM 990A - check out their sordid tale, which involves getting stuck for several weeks in horrible rainstorms that I barely missed. Added bonus: Nina is a far better photographer than I am!

Big brother, little brother:

We stayed a day in Puerto Escondido for some bike repairs. Nir got new chain and sprockets, we both welded our disintegrating happytrails racks:

Puerto Escondido is all about food and beaches: