View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #17
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrey1
I mounted them in the rearward position to move the bars back as well as up. I understand a 20mm straight riser brings the bars closer to you due to the rake angle, but I wanted to get just a little more upright while seated. I'll wait for Chad to play around with them before I make a decision. If the adjustable risers work with stock cables I just might give them a try. As for the brake line, you could get a Barnett's braided a few inches longer for not too much $$ I'd think. BTW, I mounted a set of Hepco-Becker hoops yeaterday. They went on like a dream, look great, seem to be strong as hell, even with the 1/4 turn mounts. Sweeeet.

Jeff
I did the same install with the ROX 1" up and 1" back risers. I had the same clearance problem with the little "failring piece" behind the ignition. I simply took it off and the clearance was fine. I have a tank bag so the look of the failring that I removed was no big deal (as the tank bag kind of hides the whole set up any way). Without the tank bag...it does make it look somewhat "bare" with the ignition completely exposed.
When it was all said and done...the new riding position greatly outweighed the bare look of the ignition.
Dr. Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote