View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
chunter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco
I dropped my bike off on Dec. 13th. I been waiting for a pump ever since. There have been two delivery dates that have come and gone, the last one being the 21st. When I called on the 21st to make plans to pick up my bike the service manager informs me that the pump that was due that day is now not " available for world wide distribution" until after the first of Feb! What a bunch of FUCKING BULL SHIT. I didn't pay $14k to have my bike sit in a dealer's back room waiting for parts. Az leamon law is on my side. If after 30 day they are not able the return my bike in running order they are obligated to replace it or refund the money. The wheels are rolling now, to replace my bike. I gave them a week or they can write a check. I know that the new pump has a different part number. How much differant the pumps are is any body's guess. We pay more for the BMW in order to get better quality, better reliability, and customer service. It looks like BMW is going in a differant direction.
Cisco
"
Obvioulsy I totally agree with your statement. I think you have been much more patient than I will be. It is now 15 business days that my bike has been in the shop, and once I hits 20 business days, I'm going to get an attorney involved.

It is such a shame that BMW, who I always viewed as being likely to be one of the best in customer service and satisfaction, is screwing us around. I was happy to pay a premium for my bike (compared to other bikes with essentially the same features for less money), because I felt that BMW would stand behind their product. BMW shouldn't let a problem with a supplier be absorbed by its supporters. I have always been a strong supporter of the BMW brand, and am likely to buy many more bikes and cars from them in my lifetime IF, and only IF, they deal with this situation properly. Thus far, I am totally losing hope.

I may even be ok with waiting for my bike for an indefinite period of time if I knew what the compensation would be. If I knew that, say, for every day it sits in the shop, BMW would pay me $50, I'd deal with it. At least I'd know that my parking expenses and gas in my truck would be paid for. Driving my truck into downtown Honolulu rather than my bike costs me about $700 per month ($400 for parking and $300 for gas and wear and tear). Thus far, the customer service people at BMW have said things like, "I have a call in to so-and-so, and I'm waiting to hear back." The bureaucracy is killing me.

I have emailed and put a phone call into one of the top customer service people for BMWNA, and I am really hoping she will help. Someone there has got to realize that this is totally unacceptable.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote