View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #43
bubwould
Redneck Hippie

Oddometer: 17
800GS, good compromise

Oh, and bubwould, it's the State of Jefferson, not Jackson! Get your hopeless separatist movements right, man!

David[/quote]

HA! It was early.... no uhhh, I was thinking of the town Jacksonville!

Even tho Ive ridden a lot of tarmac and dirt trails around here, never owned a dual sport. And I am very excited to explore some of these dirt roads. Need to get up into Oregon and do the same! A few years ago, we rode back from a BMW rally in Spokane, and came through Hells Canyon, WOW! It was beautiful! This last summer, rode up to Missoula through Idaho on hwy 95, then 12, seems like along different rivers the whole way. Unfortunately it was a quick trip, with no time to detour and explore, but kept thinking "when that GS comes in, Im coming back here".

Yesterday, while checking out a dirt road near Shasta Pond, it starting raining hard, let some air out, but it was slick! Need some knobs! But it was still a blast! A real dirt bike would have been better in the mud, but then once back on the road it would have sucked. So, for me, the 800GS is not the best tool in the dirt, but its a fantastic do "everything well", explore, adventurous kind of bike.
bubwould is offline   Reply With Quote