Thread: SC Tag-o-rama!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #47
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,216
It's all about the Adventure

Tag!
Now that was a good one! Seeing things in the fog and mist is pretty neat.
Came home a bit damp around the edges, but the kitchen sure smells good with a roast cooking in the crockpot and my wife just happened to have some hot chocolate under construction.

Cambell's Bridge

So, when I determined which bridge this was, I found a link that gave directions to the park. DON"T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU FIND ON THE WEB!
It looked like the site was only about five miles from my house-as the crow flies-up in the far edge of the "Dark Corner"..........NOT!
Isn't there a quote somewhere about the true"ADVENTURE" begins when plans go awry?

After wandering around in the fog and drizzle for awhile, I did the logical thing and asked someone for directions. To my surprise, the bridge was located on the other side of Gowensville off hwy 14.
Here are a couple of other pics....

I had a bit of an obsession with covered bridges when I lived in Maine. We would search them out and had found over 50 before we moved to North Carolina. Another one on the "list".

Weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow.......I have a breakfast ride planned and a new tag in mind.
See ya!
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"

driller screwed with this post 01-28-2009 at 08:56 AM
driller is offline   Reply With Quote