View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #4848
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddennis669
And now a soapbox moment.

Thanks to all of you staying on the roads inside the National Monument. I know this may at times seem contrary to the "spirit of adventure" we are trying to enjoy on our rides, but to those of us that live in rural areas, the tire ruts running up the sides of the hills is just like grafitti on the sides of houses. Then it isn't long before the track becomes a trail, then a road. Over to short a time, we lose the "solitude" and "untouched" feeling that all of us enjoy about the Carrizo. These kinds of places have become so rare in the Southern California. Thanks for helpng it stay that way.
are those ruts molded-in permanently till the next rain?....

seriously....i agree with ddennis, not too many places accessible to many still remain unmolested. we don't want any more stinking rules if all behave responsibly...we need the support of all adv riders participating in the future rides....

let's keep carrizo the way nature plans it.

edited: dave...cedric in june sounds good to me and we should start a thread in the next couple of months. we need to get hold of wally, walt, darrenO, cabeza, mike (threadless) and others. sure bob aka windrat is listening.

NSFW screwed with this post 02-01-2009 at 12:32 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote