View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
rogerdodger OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Day tripin in Kathmandu valley

spent a couple of months in Nepal, Mountain biking, food poisoning, hiking the Annapurna Circuit, a 250 km walk, with a 5,600 meter pass and finally just before I left rented a bike for the day and cruised around the valley from which Kathmandu lies.

This is actually leaving, but hey you dont know the difference and it makes this story flow more if I say its me arriving! I actually arrived after a 27 hour bus ride from Varinasi india.

Everest some big ass mountain everyone kept going on about, hey you can't ride up it so who cares.

Always check out the local constabulary before you ride a bike. Some how a police woman with a big fuck off knife looks way more scary then one carrying a gun.

After riding in Bali and Thailand, even the crazy traffic in Kathmandu didnt seem bad. I kinda enjoy having no road rules.

Be back later tonight to add some more, In Singapore at the moment and I really need to get out and see the place. awesome little two strokes racers all over this island, but the bikes are really expensive and no where to rent anything. :(
rogerdodger is offline   Reply With Quote