View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
Bushav8r
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
let there be light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmex
I just finished installing a set of Touratech halogens. I don't have a picture site, so I cannot show them. I am very pleased with the result and the functionality. Plus that they look great on the bike.

TIP: The Touratech instructions advise to pick up the lighting relay drive by cutting into the cable harness which feeds the front headlight. I did not like this idea at all. I picked up the relay drive from the red/green wire which feeds the auxilliary socket next to the ignition key. Very clean, and you have couple of minutes of lighting delay when you switch off the bike. This is handy for getting into the garage when you get home etc. BTW, this wire is very accessible and you don't compromise the integrity of the cable harness.
I keep on buying stuff for a bike that isn't made yet let alone delivered. (delivery of my F800GS sometime this spring) I have been looking at the Touratech lights and feel compelled to buy them. Did you go with two fog lights, or one fog light and one HID light? Are they worth the high price? I agree that they do look really cool on the bike but I am having a hard time justifying the cost.
Bushav8r is offline   Reply With Quote