View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #58
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,094
SUN FEB 1 Vallarta to Mazatlán

Said adios to Chava and family and was on my way. I brought a few extra things down for the trip home and was kind of top heavy, but the bike didn't feel too squirley as I pulled away from Puerto Vallarta by 10:30.

This was a different feel for me for on the way down from Portland I was riding with Marc and knew we had each other to rely on just in case. Previously, I had done two 3 day solo trips in Mexico but on a rented KLR and all I had to do was call the owner and he would bail me out in the event of any difficulty. Now I was alone and it took me a good half hour to stop imagining worse case scenarios of accidents and such...just not healthy to worry about what could happen, better to focus in on the ride and enjoy what was before me.

Arriving in the state of Nayarit..."it's your home, keep it clean"

I lost my light weight gloves in Vallarta, and it was too warm for my winter gloves...just this once, glove-less.

Tequila wanna-bees

Lots of this on the cuota...

After the for sale properties I saw the day prior in PVta, this residence was in stark contrast, on the outskirts of Mazatlán...

Bike performed flawlessly and I arrived in Mazatlán around 4:30, missing the Super Bowl--I hear it was a good one, but the wrong team won!

Good to know people in high places...

Looking the other way...

Not exactly roughing it, just humbly accepting others' generousity. Next day, crossing the pond to Baja!

307 Miles; 6.5 hours riding.
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote