View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #1970
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,659
It's not officially ready to sell yet....but it's a sunny day, so I'll throw out a feeler and try to get some input from folks to see what a reasonable asking price is. I'm thinking $1500 is ballpark, and seems more than reasonable to me - especially for a local sale to a fellow inmate. If it goes on the Flea Market, thought about giving myself bargaining room and starting closer to $1700. Am I close, or way out of whack?

This is the '92 that I built up last year, but different. It's titled and plated, but no longer has the full dualsport kit. Same frame, engine, and fork externals (with '00 internals now). Last year it got new front wheel bearings and new steering head bearings, and a TwinAir filter, as well as an RX XSO x-ring chain and new sprockets (all still on it).

The suspension, fenders, seat, gas tank, stator, bars/controls, 35w XR headlight, and rear wheel are from the 2000 XR600 I bought to fix up.

The '92 is essentially back to being a stock XR600, but with a brake light switch. Needs a mirror and horn to be back in compliance....rear tire is not DOT, front is a D606 w/ 4mm Michelin UHD tube.

For those not familiar with the bike, follow the link in my sig line for the '92, it will show the story.

IBA #11735 . 1968-present

Blakebird screwed with this post 02-15-2009 at 07:26 AM
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote