View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Well, it started out well enough. A riding pal, Darren, told me in the summer of 2008 that he wanted to go back again. He and I had done a great trip which covered the full range of the peninsula the previous year:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199166

That trip was the genesis of the Pendejo Legacy, a series of chronicles accounting for the adventures and misadventures of various motorcycle miscreants sampling sand, fish tacos, margaritas, and gasoline availability throughout Baja:

My love affair with Baja began in 1989 when I spent a month in the south cape region exploring, kayaking, and camping. About eight trips later by truck and/or motorcycle, I am used to hearing myself say at the end of each trip, "Well, that will do me for a few years....I need to plan a different riding trip next time.".

And sure as hell, within a week or two I am looking at my Baja Almanac considering the rides not yet done.

ADVrider certainly whets an appetite for riding in a variety of places on the Blue Planet and we are all indebted to it for our ride fantasies and planning.

The Baja reports just open up new perceptions of the myriad of vistas, tastes, people, and adventures there for the taking.

But enough of that .

Los Tres Pendejos coalesced from these humble origins. It started as my own "aventuras solitarias " on my 1981 R80 G/S:

...several overloaded solo and group rides on the '96 oilhead...

... and has developed into the sensible notion of applying the appropriate tool for the job at hand:

Uno, dos, tres....si, senor ...somos los tres pendejos

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote