View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #16
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkmych
BTW.... Alphonse is the Hotel Mulege owner, not Baja Cactus....Its ok, I understand the memory lapse now.
Mark,
While my advancing years renders some of my functions a bit less operational, I must clarify:

Alphonse is the name of the elderly gentleman who owns La Hacienda in Mulege and is also the name of the owner of Baja Cactus motel in El Rosario....two distinctly separate individuals, but both with a gracious spirit.

I think that the place we stayed at the northern entrance to Mulege was "Hotel Mulege"....and we never met the owner.

For riders ever headed that way, the range of good places to stay in Mulege is more than adequate.....more on that later

La Hacienda is the very "rider-friendly" hotel near the zocolo...while Mulege was quieter than I have ever seen it over the years, it is still my favourite town in Baja...

Some improvements happening at La Hacienda... just don't take a running dive quite yet:

Before the improvements:

As I indicated earlier....we had the place to ourselves that one night...some rum and coke assisted in our segue into the MATRIXof Baja ...

It was all ours for the taking:r icky

Darren offers a salute with his "salud"...

Mark....just that relaxed look...

The next morning we headed for San Jose where we could finally unleash the beasts and do what we came for...

Darren indicated his position for the first shift...

Once on the road, Mark was astounded with the jaw-dropping scenery of Bahia Concepcion...

A race to the South Cape landed us in La Playa (a few kms east of San Jose del Cabo) where Mark and Darren stayed at La Playita Hotel....now called La Marina Hotel...

While I stayed up the hill a few blocks at El Delfin Blanco....a lovely quiet spot run by the most delightful Swedish woman, Osa...

Now, You FF's are probably wondering if we rode motorcycles on this trip

After five days as truck prisoners, we were fully stoked for a ride ...

Mark couldn't get saddled up soon enough...

A ride east along the East Cape road was in order for the introduction...

The short ride landed us back at Buzzards for some refreshments...

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged screwed with this post 02-16-2009 at 09:55 AM
motoged is offline   Reply With Quote