View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #21
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
El Delfin Blanco was a sweet spot to stay. I was the only guest there, it was at the edge of the town but only a few blocks from where Darren and Mark were. It was good to have some alone time between the rides...

Osa, the owner, is a kind woman ...a world traveler from Sweden before settling in Baja. I would have liked to have spent more time visiting with her as I enjoyed her rebellious spirit.

Her current project was hassling the local jefes to get a street light reconnected at the front of her place. I thought that this might have been a project that would be at least weeks in the planning, but woke up the next day to see the municipal guy hard at it...

I walked over for a closer look and to see if the guy needed a foreman...

He seemed to have it under control. He was attaching a lamp assembly to two bolts on the pole....and was using a crescent wrench and vice grips to screw on the nut....it was slow going....before long he dropped the crescent wrench....I picked it up and waited for him to look down (he was doing a good job of pretending to be unperturbed) so I could throw it up to him.

I secretly knew that it would likely be a comedy show watching me throw the tool a number of times before the arc intersected with his grasp....but he had a rope he threw over the edge of his bucket so that I could tie the tool to it, and he could then retrieve the tool by uphauling the rope.

Evidently he had dropped tools before in fron of willing spectators

He eventually spun those two nuts tight enough that I figured the job was done. My supervision was no longer required...

So I meandered back to my private estate...

Once back to my room...

I caught my room-mate in the act...

He was a pleasant fellow, despite his tendency to hog the bed at night.

Clearly shameless about his flexibility...he just gained a bit of composure...

As the day was young, we decided a "Beach Day" was in order...so it was off to the East Cape road...

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is online now   Reply With Quote