View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #10
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,416
A Visit from the Farkle Fairy

Back in action after a brief hiatus. Just a few farkles added, but hopefully next week Iíll have something of substance to add when the remaining parts for my GS front end arrive from Deutschland. Jaaaaa! Anyway, here we go.

Happy trails bags installed slightly off kilter: Check
(notice the GS front end on the left just WAITING for parts to get installed )
For the money I'm pretty happy with these after getting rid of my jesses. The inside face (where the mounts are) is not as stiff as I'd like resulting in a little bit of bag wobble when you push them around a bit. I'm planning to cut some 1/8" stainless to the size of the inside face, epoxy it on, and run all my fasteners through it. That should stiffen things up a bit.

Cheapo Chinese HID conversion kit: Check
Thanks StephenB for the recommendation on these. These guys are bright as hell. $90 for a car kit off of ebay that does two lights. Split it with a buddy and you're looking at $45 to your door. The ballast and ignitor are housed in the shell so no more precious under-tank electrical real estate is taken up. Does anyone know what the starting current on these guys is? Hopefully it's nothing that the stock headlight relay can't handle. I'm just a little worried about how many tickets I'll get with this thing. I considered getting the 55 watt instead of the 35 that I got, but I'm glad I didn't. This thing is plenty. When tilted up and aimed down a long straight dark road reflective road signs light up WAAAAAY out in the distance seemingly 1/2 mile or more away.

Before:

After:

Pieces of ADV and ABC Bling: Check

Touratech Speedo Cable Plug: Check

New German Rubber: Check

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote