View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
kildala2000 OP
The GS Store.

Oddometer: 2,045
Thumb Comments from a tester

Travlr
Adventurer
Hello All, I recieved the fat foot and Rect. guard from Rick (kildala2000) and they fit very well.

The rect. guard fit perfectly and took about 2minutes to install. Replace the stock bolts with the supplied ones and that is it.

I ordered two fat foots. They were a little different.
#1- top and middle plates powder coated, the mounting screws were embedded into the bottom plate and the heads were shaved flush. Fit was easy.
#2- all parts powder coated, the mounting screws were not embedded, but once installed the heads of the screws are counter sunk and sit just above flush. The spacer/middle plate did not fit perfectly around the stock foot plate and therefore I ground down one corner about 1mm to allow for a proper fit. No big deal as I got to play with my power tools.

Overall very please with the products and have ordered a second rect guard. Also, anxiously awaiting the luggage plate/rack and headlight guards.

Truly a great guy to deal with, he shipped the parts out for me to try and see if I liked. and could return if so desired without any hassles or restocking fees.

Thanks Rick.
kildala2000 is offline   Reply With Quote