View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #40
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTURE
What a fantastic transformation. I did like it in red though.
I know, I did too. There's much to be said for leaving these bikes lighter by running a 6 gallon tank. Truth be told, there really aren't many places in the world where you NEED a big tank, but the extra flexibility it can afford you was worth it to me. I wanted a bigger tank for South America to maintain the option of not filling up if the gas is iffy. It'll also be nice when riding at night in remote areas. You don't have to camp at the gas station and wait for it to open. (that happened to me in Yukon Territory) Red was nice, but the big black tank was CHEEEAAAAP. Black's faster anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTURE
How ell does the Vapour Comp work???
It works. The tach took some serious fiddling with to get it to work right and it's still not COMPLETELY straightened out, but works well enough. My only gripe is that the backlight is pretty bright - a little too bright for my liking at night. I'm going to try to find some kind of tinted film to put over so I don't have a bright white screen shining at my face when riding at night. I have yet to hook up the oil temp sensor. That'll have to wait for the next oil change.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.

Airhead Wrangler screwed with this post 02-21-2009 at 10:26 AM
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote