View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #5292
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfester
If you eat shit or almost eat shit in a ditch, hole, etc. and the guy behind you is not on your ass, be sure to wait and flag the guy so he doesn't do the same thing you just did. When racing, unfortunately I can't tell you how many times I've been run over.

one good example, i was following a group of riders and ran over barbed wires in the middle of the trail. once i made it to the lead group, i asked them if they saw the barbed wire, and yes was their response. nobody stopped and warned the rider behind them. i am just as guilty for not being there for the guy behind me....that evening, it made me sick for being selfish and stupid.

not addressed to anyone in particular: better dirt condition should never make us ride harder and faster, but to appreciate the ride more. we're no longer young and into racing. those days are over, it's time to enjoy riding as matured and adult people. we all make mistakes, but others continue to break rules and riding into restricted areas. if you don't want any rules or guidelines then an organized ride is not for you.

NSFW screwed with this post 02-22-2009 at 08:37 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote