View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #22
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,355
OK... Here we go boys and girls... I specifically mention girls because my wife was the brains behind me figuring out that the first tag was in Abbeville and from what Jody told me another woman that stopped by his shop told him where it was too but I beat her husband to the picture...

Anyway.... Anyone good with google, google earth, and willing to put in some handlebar time will probably have this within a day or two. Here is your clue....

In an area steaming with history, this tag is not far from the 1800's area known to locals as Falls of Gissendanner . With a bit of research you could discover that it lies between the tag I recently discovered, and the oldest continuously existing town in southeast Alabama. Between 1822 and 1833, this town south of my tag was the county seat of the largest county in Alabama, which then comprised portions of present-day Covington, Dale, Barbour, Coffee, Crenshaw, Bullock, Geneva, and Houston counties. Abbie, Omussee, and Chattahoochee form the life of this area and brought locals to this thriving but nearly deserted town near my tag. This tag exists as part old roads still of dirt, but easily passable, to a point at which you will discover the tag. It is a point at which you can shoot from either side, but only one from the intersection where shot #3 was comprised.

I rate the unpaved road on the Jody scale of difficulty as a #2 which is maintained gravel road.

Tag #2

Intersection

$bob$

2006 BMW R1200GS
2009 BMW G650GS (GSjr)
2006 Kawi KLX250S
1951 Body by Gold's Gym

I was an Adventure Rider when Adventure Riding wasn't cool...

LDHunter screwed with this post 02-24-2009 at 07:54 PM
LDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote