View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #39
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
So, the excitement of the evening culminated with a series of jazz dance routines presented by the crickets back at the motel...

A good sleep followed... the next morning we chatted with a doctor who, with his family, was packing up at the motel. He told us he lived in Cadajue, a small settlement just north of San Juanico. I asked him about the area and asked if there were any other routes from Cadajue to Mulege aside from the San Raymundo valley....he said he was not aware of any.

Some coffee down the street sent us on our way to Mulege...

Just before the Agua Verde turnoff , we pulled over for a break and I pointed out an area that I have always wanted to explore. It is an inviting valley system flanked to the east by the Sierra San Francisco...

And it seemed to be holding more water than I can ever recall seeing there. All of Baja was greener this time ...

Back in the truck and through the twisties onwards to the Sea of Cortez and its delights...

Our destination was Mulege. Rather than stay at the usual Hacienda, we decided to honour our initial plan and reservations made at a great place on the river....Cuesta Real:

http://cuestarealhotel.tripod.com/

It was home for a week... and Christmas was around the corner...

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote